Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Self truths

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I feel better when I work out. Even though I dread it most days, afterwards I feel really great.

I have to eat enough calories to produce milk, but that's not an excuse to eat more than I should. It also means I can't over-resctrict. Throughout my journey I've realized that I am either very strict about what I eat and how much of it (I felt good if I didn't go over 1000 calories - that's not healthy for ANYONE) or I abandon my goals altogether and eat everything I can think of (also completely unhealthy). I have to find some kind of happy balance.

Chips, crackers, trail mix, and other things of the like that can be had in large quantities are dangerous around me. Even the healthy versions are bad in mass amounts. I'm just going to have to settle for substituting them with things like grapes, carrots (don't love em, but I can deal), etc.

I'm lazy. I planplanplan and never actactact. I need to make a conscious effort to change this part of my life.

Weight loss means being uncomfortable sometimes. Whether it's during a tough workout or resisting that new yogurt shop you pass on the way home, sometimes there will be things that you wont like doing and you just have to suck it up and do it anyway. I'm not a very happy camper when I don't get what I want - particularly with food. It's sad, but I get very jealous when I see other people eating things that I "can't" have because I know how unhealthy it is. Like I said, I'm gonna have to get rid of my pouty-pants and deal.




These are my self truths... what are yours?

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :]