Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

12 Days of Powerfoods - Day 6

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

*Eggs*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Powers: Building muscle, burning fat
Weapons: Protein, vitamins A and B12
Fight against: Obesity
Sidekicks: Egg Beaters, which have fewer calories than eggs and no fat, but just as much of the core nutrients
Posers: None


It turns out that eggs have more
protein in them than beef or milk!

Eggs also contain vitamin B12, which is necessary for fat breakdown.


How I ate it today: A week or so ago I had a bad encounter with eggs :(.. I just think about what I'm eating too much. But I will try to eat some scrambled eggs tomorrow morning with breakfast. They'll need lotss of salsa & ketchup...



Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27054206/ns/today-today_health/?pg=7#TDY_MH_12PowerFoods

3 HUGS:

Keyona said...

Salsa and ketchup...might have to try that.

Anonymous said...

Why a bad encounter? WHat happened with the egg?

Carissa said...

Ha, well, it might sound kind of dumb. But I was making an omelet, and as I was whisking the eggs in a bowl, I noticed this clear stuff that wouldn't mix up. So I tried for like 10 minutes to get it out, but I couldn't. And I just thought about how the egg was from a chicken, and blah blah blah. So I cooked the eggs and ate most of them, but afterwords, for the rest of the day pretty much, I felt like I was gonna throw up. Sooo yeah. Ha.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :]