Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

12 Days of Powerfoods - Day 8

Monday, August 24, 2009

*Peanut Butter*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Powers: Boosting testosterone, building muscle, burning fat
Weapons: Protein, monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, niacin, magnesium
Fights against: Obesity, muscle loss, wrinkles, cardiovascular disease
Sidekicks: Cashew and almond butters
Posers: Mass-produced sugary and trans fatty peanut butters

In one 18-month experiment,
people who integrated peanut
butter into their diet maintained
weight loss better than those
on low-fat plans.

The thing to remember about peanut butter is that it has a lot of calories, so you have to limit how much of it you eat per day (the article below suggests 3 tablespoons/day). Also, it's important to eat an all natural, sugar free peanut butter rather than the mass produced brands.

How I ate it today: I eat my fair share of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but I'll admit the PB I use is neither all natural or sugar free. I'll keep an eye out for some on our next grocery trip.



Source:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27054206/ns/today_health/?pg=9#TDY_MH_12PowerFoods

1 comment

Unknown said...

I personally love a good PB&J. Thanks, now you got me wanting one

http://benefits-of-physical-health.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :]