Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Keeping Produce Fresh

Monday, August 17, 2009

I loveeee fruit & have been trying to eat more vegetables, but I usually get to eat them with one or two meals and then they go bad. So, I googled ways to keep produce fresh, and found out a rather interesting fact & cool product!

I didn't know this, but fruits like apples release a gas called ethylene that triggers other produce to ripen, causing everything in your fridge to wither. The EGG is a small, well, egg that has packets of potassium permanganate to oxidize the ethylene, helping your fruits and veggies to stay fresh for longer.

I think I'm going to buy it.. I'll let you guys know how it works! ;)
Click here to read about/purchase the EGG!

xo, Carissaaaa

2 HUGS:

Anonymous said...

oh, really? I wonder if they have that down here! But you're right i hate it when the fruit or vegies start to ripe so fast.

That's interesting, we have been doing better about eating the food in time, but this could be helpful too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :]